How To Create An E-Learning Scenario
In one of my earlier blogs, I stressed the importance of creating proper e-learning scenarios. But how exactly can you develop an enticing learning scenario? Well, that’s what we are about to find out how to create the perfect learning scenario according to your needs.
E-learning scenarios are best if they are actually a real-world example which the learner can relate to or can interpret as a real event in the world. It should be a combination of interesting and relevant. One needs to analyse the needs and expectations of the learners and the result of the E-learning. After determining these factors, one can be precise about what type of course and how they want to proceed with the E-learning scenario.
Here are some tips on how to create an E-learning course:
- Connect with the learners: Having a clear idea about the audience of your E-learning course is crucial as the content can be specially curated according to them, like knowing what type of work they do, their jargon and which skills or knowledge can help them, you can take the help of a subject matter expert too. All these factors will help you to develop a scenario with which they can relate and hence it will be easier for them to understand and go through the course. This will immensely help them in their real-world scenarios and hence you need to connect and know about your learners and design a course that is best suited for them.
- Motivate the learner and encourage them to use the acquired knowledge: A well-written scenario should actually motivate on how to act in a particular scenario. After a module or a course, you should take an exam or a test. Which may be Multiple choice format or not necessarily all need to be the same. Some can even be situation based where they need to apply their new-found knowledge to use and this will help them to commit it their memory. During the course, not all questions should be multiple-choice format but can be a choice where the decision of the learner can affect the dialogues and the course of the E-learning Scenario. Thus they will be able to relate it with the real world more and get attached to it.
- Learners should be able to learn through their mistakes: One of the best ways of learning is through mistakes and the learners should be given a chance to learn through their mistakes too. They shouldn’t be heavily penalized for getting an answer wrong but rather they should be made to understand as to why their answer is wrong and how it can be corrected, what shall be the right decision to make. This will not only help to understand their mistakes but also makes them aware of the risks and damage that comes with a wrong decision but without any real-world consequences. Thus making them aware of what is at risk, shall educate them not to do those mistakes and stay clear of them when they are applying the knowledge in their real world.
- Keep things straight and on point: While having a very interesting and realistic E-learning Scenario but one should avoid using too many details which might be too much to take in for a learner. This can distract the learner from the original course and thus the main purpose of the course is defeated. Hence one needs to include just enough details to keep it engaging and exciting without overdoing it such as unnecessary dialogues or the back story for all the characters. Hence you don’t need to make it so entertaining that the main points are hidden.
- Create an E-learning storyboard to structure it and integrate real-world solutions and problems into it: You need to sit down and make a rough structure of your E-learning Scenario and how it is going to fold out from the beginning to the end. You can decide all your characters and the scenarios you want to focus and how it will pan out like will the user need to answer a question after every module, in between modules or will it be more choices oriented? With keeping in mind that the more real the scenario feels, the better it is if it will be something relatable for the learner as this will help him retain his information better and to be aware of what to do and what not to do in a certain situation. You need to challenge the learners so that they feel interested and are eager to solve the challenge. This will help them to retain the information for a long period of time.
Thus this is how you can create a perfect E-learning Scenario for your learners and to create your online E-learning Scenario over a short period of time and launch it today, you can choose platforms such as Createonlineacademy.com which offer a number of packages with inbuilt tools that will help you to create amazing online courses in the field of E-learning.