Importance of Realistic Graphics in your Online Course
We experience the world with all of our five senses. Everything that attracts our attention connects with one or more of our senses to create an impression that our mind then processes. As you try to create and sell courses online, you need to make sure that your first impression grabs the attention of your target audience.
How to do this? How can you be sure that you can make your audience stop and do a second take? Well, here’s everything you need to know to do just that.
The human eye is easily attracted to colourful splashes and warm hues. However, if you want to sell courses online then you need a dose of realistic designs mixed in with vibrant designs while coming up with your graphics. In this article, we are going to cover some major topics such as what makes realistic graphics so useful for your online course. Realistic designs are often misunderstood by course creators so here’s what you need to know about realistic designs.
What are realistic designs/graphics?
Realistics designs are typically those images that have a lot of colour and textural differences that hint at the 3D representation of the actual object. However, online courses may not need terribly realistic images or designs. So how do you come up with what degree of realism you need to infuse into your designs?
An easy way to determine how realistic your designs need to be is through analysing your core content. Your course content may need just a splash of visuals to help your learners or it might need more of a 3D representation to depict something that simple graphics cannot. For example, if your course is all about practical skills then you may need more realistic graphics than courses about languages or other academic topics. Now that you know all about realistic graphics, here’s why you should use them in your online courses.
Advantages of realistic graphics in your online course:
- High impact learning: A picture is said to portray a thousand words and this is more apt for online courses. A number of students view online courses through electronic devices which can drain their energy as they view the course for a long period of times. Thus, it is important for you to use realistic graphics to ease their learning path. By using warm tones and easily readable content, you can ease the viewing experience of your readers. To create and sell online courses with high impact graphics, use creative tools and bespoke designs such as the ones provided by Createonlineacademy.com.
- Easy communication: Pictures and realistic graphics find their use in comprehensive learning. If you are designing reference cards or summarised texts to help your learners prepare for assessments, then graphics can help you portray a concept and communicate with your learners way more easily than monotonous texts.
- Strong viewing experience: Studies show that you have to focus three times harder to understand text rather than realistic graphics and videos which are easily accepted by your mind. To help your learners understand concepts easily and retain more information at one go, you need to design visual cues and infographics that help them focus on the important topics of your course.
- High retention: Explaining complex topics using textual content is not easy. For example, if you need to explain how to use a particular app to design something then you cannot do so using simple textual directions. To make your learners understand, often video or realistic graphics is preferred especially for learners who are beginners at learning some particular topics. What’s more, these formats and realistic graphics help your students remember a topic for a long period of time. Hence, you can use some of these graphics as a tool to improve the retention rates of your learners.
- Stimulators and drivers: Learners do not perform with the same energy and vigour throughout the course. Sometimes, your students may be flagging behind and running a lag on assessments and tasks. Visuals can help you stimulate their enthusiasm. Realistic graphics and warm images can improve their performance by an average of 43% and this can be enough to drive them to perform better. To create better graphics and easily understandable course content, use dynamic LMS and SaaS such as the one provided by COA.
CreateOnlineAcademy.com is the ultimate course building platform that you can use to create and sell courses online. Their bespoke designs and graphics solutions are one of a kind and no other SaaS for LMS provides such services. To check out their package offers, visit their website through the link mentioned here.
<iframe width=”560″ height=”315″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/ELQPRqJB2LA” frameborder=”0″ allow=”accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture” allowfullscreen></iframe>