Questions You Should Ask your Online Learners
Having a digital academy is a lot of responsibility. Once your content is launched and you have incoming traffic on your pages, the work does not end. You need to be on the lookout for dropouts and disengaged learners and do the needful to keep them interested in your courses and training guides. Feedback and improvements are a very core part of creating a course that is popular in the long run.
In this article, we are particularly going to discuss the importance of constructive feedback from learners and how you can get the best data from them regarding changes that need to be made in your online course. To make sure that you are making relevant changes to your course, you need to first know the perfect questions that you need to ask your learners. Since the feedback process is complicated and nerve-wracking for a lot of course creators, we have come up with the top 4 questionnaires that you should ask your learners regarding various aspects of your online courses.
1.General questions about the Online Course
The questions might feel a bit too simple but they are a great way to begin the conversation and your queries about the course. You can use these questions to transition to your real ones and also gather the basic knowledge about the course. For example, you can tell them to specify a few adjectives they would like to associate about the course, this would give you a fair idea about how the learners deal with the course and whether they have any issues with it or not. This can be used as a feedback and marketing message also to attract new learners. Some trivial questions are as follows :
- What motivated you to choose this course?
- Which part did you enjoy the most?
- What were your expectations going into the course?
- What part of the course do you think could be improved.?
- What pushed you to complete it till the end?
- To whom would you like to recommend the course?
2.Feedback Regarding Course Content
Your course content is an area of infinite improvement. Even if you come up with a comprehensive course that ranges and covers all intended topics, the delivery, learning style and other aspects of the content may need an upgrade. The feedback from your learners in this category can be worth a lot for your improvement goals as they offer their unique ideas and thoughts about your content. To make sure that you capture their insights perfectly, here are a few interview questions that you can ask your learners.
- What was your most or least favourite part about the visual/graphic component of our content?
- On a scale of 0-5, how easy was it to understand and navigate our course?
- Are there any topic(s) that you think weren’t discussed to the extent that you would have liked?
- Was there any scenario where additional external resources such as books, notes or Google research was required to understand a concept? If yes, please describe it.
- On a scale of 0-5, how would you rate the topic selection? Please add any topics that you wished were covered in more detail.
- Questioning the outcomes of the learning process
The outcomes that we get through the learning program is how we measure the success of any course. That could also be measured by various assessments and online quizzes. It is essential to note down what a learner thinks with regards to the result of the course. The online course should fulfil its purpose to navigate the learner to the destination and feedback on how successful it was and can help others and also to improve the course.
- How have applied the knowledge you have gained from this course?
- What is your confidence level if you have applied the knowledge or when you have to in the future?
- According to you, what is the most useful thing that you learned?
- How did the course change your view about the topic?
4. Feedback Regarding Overall Experience with the Course
A lot of course creators think that overall questionnaires are unnecessary. However, this can provide you with a surprising idea or two when it comes to the improvement of the course. When it comes to eLearning, every little change to the course can create a large impact so these questions need to be designed wisely. Some of the questions you can ask your learners regarding their overall experience are as follows.
- What were the major blockers that created problems during the learning experience within the course?
- How would you rate the gamification aspects of the course? Which were your favourite?
- Was there any overlap that disturbed the flow of learning in any way?
While conducting an interview you can use all of these questionnaires to create a comprehensive idea about the learner’s view of your online course. CreateOnlineAcademy.com provides you with the tools and survey platforms to gather intensive feedback as well as track progress of your learner base. Along with this, a number of premium tools and options are available on CreateOnlineAcademy.com that can help you to build the ultimate online course.