All you need to know about Immersive Learning
The current world is powered by Technology and full of distractions in every corner. These distractions can lead to a bad impact on the learning process and the main purpose is to reduce them. Immersive Learning is the solution to this which uses a virtual environment for E-learning. It not only keeps the distractions away but also helps them to focus and keep them engaged with the course.
What is Immersive Learning?
Immersive Learning can allow the learners to be in control of the outcomes by having a similar real-life experience without any real consequences in case of failure. Thus it can provide a great way to experiment and try out new ways in a safe environment. It can also boost the motivation of the learners as they get to be in charge of the virtual world and the high level of interactivity leaves an everlasting impression on the mind of the learner. It can allow scenarios to be experienced by all which would not be possible within the 4 walls of a classroom and hence the immersion level into the task is very high.
How is it different from Experiential Learning?
It should not be mixed up with Experiential Learning techniques as both are closely related but there are some key differences like :
- Immersive Learning is extensively dependant upon modern technologies like Virtual Reality, Augmented Reality and Mobile devices but Experiential Learning does not require the help of modern technology and anyone can do it.
- Immersive learning takes the advantage of learners imagination capacity and hence the more creative or imaginative they are, the better for immersive learning. Experiential learning does not require this.
- Most of the times Gamification is applied in this field but experiential learning might not always be as dependent upon game-based learning as immersive is.
- Immersive Learning is dynamic in nature and hence it does not follow a fixed route. On the other hand, Experiential Learning is more static and fixed in its path. It only allows sequential flow in one direction.
- In Immersive learning, the Learning happens through realisation but in experiential learning, the learning happens by enabling the skills
- In Immersive learning one single activity can lead to different scenarios but in experiential learning, multiple activities account for a single scenario.
How Immersive Learning can be applied to classrooms
There are many ways in which technology can improve the immersive Learning experience and some of them are.
- VR (Virtual Reality) – This type of Technology can make the most of digital simulations to create a scenario which is realistic in nature. By wearing headgear, the user can connect with the outside world and can be immersed in a totally virtual world and travel to anywhere out there in the world. Even the most remote and inaccessible locations that are out there.
- AR (Augmented Reality) – Augmented Reality can be used to enhance your real world view and can be used to implement virtual elements into the real world and make them feel lifelike. AR uses various virtual reality elements to enhance it and make it look real for a better interaction possibility.
- MR (Mixed Reality) – Mixed Reality is a combination of both VR and AR and hence makes the interactions look more realistic and humane like. It lets the real and Digital objects exist together and interact with each other in real-time.
- 3D Immersive Learning – 3D learning techniques where 3D visualisations are used and simulations to create an immersive experience for the users. It can promote in-depth Learning and gives a better lifelike experience to its users.
Immersive Learning and its benefits
Technology has been changing the lives of many for years and immersive learning is the need of the hour to make the Learning better in all ways and improve E-learning and online learning.
Let us take a look at all the benefits of Immersive Learning
- No distractions – While studying it is very difficult to concentrate and keep your attention intact and very easy to get distracted. Immersive Learning helps to solve this problem by eliminating all distractions and keeping the learner engaged with the course
- Focused Immersion – Starting a chapter can be very easy but finishing it might not be. Hence Immersive learning can be used to promote an Immersion where the user is focused and engrossed in it.
- Emotional Attachment – The Environment created by an immersive learning environment is highly realistic and engaging. It makes an emotional connection with the users and creates a better bond with the user.
- Motivated Approach – This method is mostly about being totally immersed in the context where the learners can be encouraged to work in a real like environmental stimulation.
Thus now know everything you need to know about Immersive Learning and if you have any questions, then you should visit CreateOnlineAcademy.com, where you can make the best online courses. You will also find a variety of design tools and third party sales and marketing tools to help you build a very engaging online course which you will need for your learners and help you avoid any errors while making it.