Enhancing Employee Skills and Tracking the Progress
Maintaining the desired level of employee training has been a challenge in the past year. With most of the employees yet to fully join back into the physical workspace the online training platforms are doing their part.
Last year in 2020 the employees did not only get accustomed to the prolonged Zoom sessions but also have now acquired the knowledge of technical nitty-gritty of online learning and video conferences. For that reason, now is the ideal time for the employers and the independent trainers to upgrade their game in online teaching and implement a second—level program to enhance their skills and competencies.
Specific Trainings are Better
Recent studies have found out that online trainings which cater to the specific skill enhancement of the employees are more successful when compared to the general training programs. The employees feel more motivated and engaged to the cause of the training.
What are these specific training needs?
Apart from the generic organizational trainings pertaining to specific skill sets there are some areas which most employees need working on.
In an internal survey conducted by Createonlineacademy.com with its client has revealed that there are five major aspects where the employees relying on online training.
- Disaster Management: Online courses have been pretty effective in showing real-life case scenarios, in a simulated environment, which helped the employees to enhance their disaster management or crisis management prowess. The use of animation and videos had helped them to understand the context and they participated whole-heartedly.
- Time Management: Interactive time management quizzes helped the online employees to understand the importance and the context of the time saving exercises. The online quizzes have helped the employees to think independently and adopt the same in their respective workplaces.
- Communication: Corporate communication online classes are definitely a big hit. Employees who previously had trouble learning in a physical group had taken their own time and space to develop their skill through video lessons and online quizzes.
- Networking: Interestingly enough the lack of physical contact did not stop the employees from obtaining their networking skills. Online networking classes have been a huge success in the past year. Overall the employees have also effectively learned to connect and maintain socialization in the digital space.
- Self-Confidence: Digital learning has helped the employees to enhance their self-confidence and overall attitude towards the work environment. The overall motivation level of the employees has been enhanced even during these tough times. Some organizations also believe that due to the lack of social interaction the employees have put more value on the online training.
How can tracking Employee Progress help you?
It helps keep the workers compliant with the necessary industry regulations and makes them ready for future challenges. The workforce can stay up to date with the latest advancements, and a proper track of their skillsets can come in handy while assigning them new roles.
An automated Learning Management System or LMS can help you onboard any employee with proper training and smoothen the process. This will save time and manual labor, and tracking the employee’s progress will help you understand the employee’s skill level and how to utilize the resource adequately.
Some of the best ways to keep track of employee progress via E-Learning are :
Many sectors require their employees to continue the education process and stay updated with the latest advancements in the respective fields. Health Care, Pharmacy, Architecture, Engineering, and Insurance are some of its examples.
Keeping track of your employee certifications will help you to understand their potential and apply them correctly. You can also set a minimal mandate of one new certificate in a financial year, which will motivate your employees to become better.
Some areas require the employees to give a specific certification exam at a regular interval. This is the renewal method commonly used for emergency, veterinary, radiology, and many more specialists to ensure that their skills are still up to the mark.
They need to give the certification exam again to renew their license and to continue practicing their work. You can choose an LMS for your organization which will keep track of people’s certification and reminds them of renewal.
In this way, you now run the risk of not abiding by the rules and stop your employees from becoming a liability as their license or complaint status expires. Not keeping proper track can put the business as a whole in jeopardy.
Faster Compliance and Onboarding training
Automating the whole onboarding process can save a lot of time and money for both the company and from the HR’s perspective. The new employee can be accurately guided through all the initial steps and video lectures to not miss any, no matter how many employees are being boarded on a single day.
The whole process will be carefully recorded and stored as a history for each employee. It can be easily accessed while performing an audit of any company regarding its workforce’s strength and capability. In case of litigation, it is beneficial to keep the records handy.
When the HR manager knows that all the auditing processes are being properly tracked, they can focus on more pressing issues like new content for training or more effective ways to increase workforce productivity and efficiency.
Industries often face a shift in demand and have to choose how to fill out space? If an existing employee can be trained to fill the gap, or do they need to hire a new employee to do it? All these decisions are made simpler with the help of a training system which keeps track of the employees and their skillset.
The employees can either choose one field and continue learning and progress there or can select multiple topics to have the proper basic knowledge that can be later expanded as required.
As a manager, you can keep track of all your appropriately skilled employees, or they need to complete some training to come at par with others, or else they might fall behind. Managers can also set out a learning path for new employees and give them a deadline to finish it, and it will benefit both in the long run.